Monday, September 14, 2009

Recipe #5 Day 5

Day 5 of 30
Pulled Pork BBQ sandwiches

This recipe is beyond easy and it was very delicious. I got this recipe from a friend, Kim M., and she was right, it was great and very easy.

1 pork tenderloin, I got the cracked peppercorn (18.4 oz)
1 bottle of Williamson Bros. BBQ sauce

yes, that's it !
Put pork tenderloin in slow cooker, add BBQ sauce on top, cook on low for 8 hours.
Take pork out of slow cooker and shred. Find the grain of the meat and simply put the meat apart from there. It should simply fall right off your knife. (I, at first, was slicing the tenderloin in slices then realized I was going against the grain, instead of "with it".) Kinda like swimming upstream, eh??
Once pork is shredded, put back into slow cooker with bbq sauce and cook for 15-20 minutes. I added 1/2 onion, chopped, to the pork. I like this combination.

I served the pulled pork on Bakery Kaiser rolls. I cut up two baking potatoes & one sweet potato into wedges, drizzled with olive oil, sprinkled with seasoned salt and black pepper and baked at 350 degrees for 1 hour. The potatoes were not yet crispy, I think 400 for 40 min. would have probably been better.

Family loved it and thought it had just a little spice to it. Could have been either the bbq sauce or the cracked peppercorn tenderloin, either way, the spice was good and even my 9 year old daughter loved it.

Overall cost: $16.00 including the potatoes
Note: Williamson Bros. bbq sauce is a local recipe that I am not sure can be found anywhere. If not, just substitute your favorite bbq sauce. Watch to be sure the pork doesn't dry out. Mine was very moist but I think is was because I had quite a bit of bbq sauce in it.

Something Moroccan tomorrow - can't remember the name.

Bon' Appetit'

No comments:

Post a Comment