Saturday, September 19, 2009

Recipe #11 Day 11

Day 11 of 30
Easy Chicken Teriyaki

Just five ingredients, this could not get any easier.
We thought this was very good and had a good flavor. We'd add just a few things next time.

2-3 lbs. skinless chicken breasts or cut into pieces
20 oz. can pineapple chunks
1 tsp. Asian seasoning
1 cup teriyaki sauce
Linguine noodles

Place chicken in slow cooker. Place remaining ingredients over chicken. Cover. Cook on LOW 6-8 hours or HIGH for 4-6 hours. Place cooked linguine noodles on plate, place chicken on linguine (I used chicken breasts so I sliced the chicken before putting it on the noodles) Top with teriyaki sauce and pineapples.

Here are a few additions I'd do next time.
After placing the chicken in the slow cooker, I would then sprinkle the chicken (both sides) with the Asian Seasoning. (found in the spices section). I would separate the pineapple juice and the pineapple chunks. I would add just the pineapple juice and reserve the chunks for adding back in just before serving. I didn't like the pineapples cooking all day, they seemed mushy and absorbed too much of the teriyaki sauce. I think they'd taste better added in just before serving to heat them up. Very last I would add a sprinkle of sesame seeds for a little bit of texture.

I served this with Artisan Garlic Bread. (I got this from Costco, it is wonderful. It is sold in the bakery section in a pkg. of 2 for less than $5.00)

I'm finding out that chicken cooked in a slow cooker is MUCH better than baking it. It is so moist, not dry and tasteless.

Overall cost: about $10.00

Bon' Appetit'

No comments:

Post a Comment