Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Recipe # 13 Day 13

Day 13 of 30
Rigatoni
This was GREAT ! If you like lasagna and you like pizza and you put the two tastes together, this is what this Rigatoni tasted like.

I gave it a 10, the kids really liked it too.

28-oz. jar spaghetti sauce (any flavor)
12 oz. rigatoni, cooked
1-1 1/2 lb. ground beef, browned
3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 lb. pepperoni slices
1 can sliced mushrooms, optional
sliced onions, optional

Layer 1/2 of each ingredient in order listed. Repeat. The last layer on top should be spaghetti sauce. (so you'll have 3 layers of spaghetti sauce).
Cover. Cook on LOW 5 hours.

Variation: Use 1 lb. ground beef and 1 lb. italian sausage
I used 1 lb of each ground beef and sausage and I think it was a little too "meaty". I would add just 1/2 lb. italian sausage next time.
Also, I felt it was just a bit dry so I would add more spaghetti sauce than just 28 oz. Maybe 36 oz. Also, I think I would add a some chopped green peppers to this.
I did add the mushrooms and onions, I really liked it. It added a good amount of flavor.

I served this again with Artisan Garlic Bread from Costco. Loved it. I slice the bread and put it in the toaster and then top with butter instead of turning on the oven. I browned the meat/sausage the night before to make assembly in the morning easier.

Note: This make ALOT of food, you'll most certainly have leftovers. It says it makes 10 servings.
I'd say cost was about: $20.00

Bon' Appetit'

No comments:

Post a Comment