Sunday, September 27, 2009

Recipe # 16 Day 16

Day 16 of 30
French Dip Sandwiches

THIS WAS THE BEST RECIPE YET !! Oh, my goodness, this was great. My boys liked it so much, they asked if we could have it again tomorrow. This is a must try !!!

3-lb. rump roast
1/2 cup soy sauce
1 beef bouillon cube
1 bay leaf
1 tsp. dried thyme
3-4 peppercorns
1 tsp. garlic powder
Cobblestone rolls
provolone cheese slices

Combine all ingredients in slow cooker. Add water to almost cover meat.
Cover. Cook on LOW 10-12 hours. Remove meat and cut against the grain in thin slices. Slice rolls and place meat on rolls, top with provolone and bake in oven till bread is toasted and cheese is melted. Cut sandwiches in 1/2 on the diagonal. Strain liquid left in slow cooker and serve on the side of the sandwich for dipping.

8:00 am I am using only a 1 1/2 lbs. roast so I'm hoping it will take less time to cook. My friend Karen gave me this recipe and she usually puts this recipe together at night and lets it cook all night.
Planning to serve on Cobblestone Rolls with melted provolone cheese and waffle fries.

Next time I'll be sure to use a 3 lb. roast, everyone wanted leftovers.

Bon' Appetit'

No comments:

Post a Comment