Saturday, September 26, 2009

HALF WAY REPORT !!

So, here I am, half way into the 30 day challenge.
Just like anything else, once you get into a groove with planning ahead, it really does make your day easier. The mid-day thought of "What am I going to make for dinner" is sometimes agonizing and I haven't had to deal with that. YEA !
I think the best part is waiting to see what the recipe will turn out like. It's kinda like a little surprise each afternoon and it's fun having something to look forward to. I am not accustomed to eating such a planned meal every night so for me, this seems like a lot of food. It's nice having the leftovers for lunch the next day.
The kids are enjoying it too. On the way home from school they'll ask "So, what's in the crock pot?" Sometimes they'll see me put it together in the morning then later they'll see the end product and are surprised at how different it can be.
The only drawback would be the constant flow of having to clean up the kitchen. I always let the slow cooker soak overnight in water to make clean up easier.
For the most part, this is fun. I like how it is making my life easier and I'm finding lots of good recipes that I'll repeat come this fall. I really don't know how the young Julie did 500+ recipes in one year and the recipes she was doing were very involved and unique. I don't think I could make it one month with French Cooking.

Thanks for hangin' in there with me, it's fun when I hear back a report that someone has tried one of the recipes and they give me their feedback.
Please share any recipes with me that you find are your families "favorite". It's nice to not have to pick one out of a book and HOPE it's good.

Bon' Appetit' for now

No comments:

Post a Comment