Friday, September 11, 2009

Recipe #2 Day 2

Day 2 of 30
Slow Cooker Beef & Noodles

Ok, this is a recipe I'll post here. If I like it, I'll pass on the recipe. If I don't, I won't post it. Think about it, do you ever taste someones recipe and say, "yuck, I don't really like this, can I have the recipe?"

1 can (10.50 oz) condensed French Onion Soup
1 can (10.75 oz) condensed cream of mushroom soup
1 1/2 lbs. beef for stew
1 bag (12 oz) extra-wide egg noodles, cooked

Combine soups in slow cooker, mix till well combined. Add meat; stir.
Cover; cook on Low 8 to 10 hours. (I cooked mine 9 hours)
Serve over prepared noodles.

I put the soups and meat in the slow cooker at 7:00am. Went out for awhile, came home at 10:45am, house smelled wonderful. (reminds me of the days when I was little and I would walk in from playing and my mom was cooking dinner!)
Back out again, (why are we called stay-at-home Mom's when were almost never stayin' at home) returned home at 3:50pm. We were not ready to eat yet so I put the meat mixture in the fridge till 6pm. Started cooking the noodles at 5:45, heated the meat mixture up in the microwave, served dinner at 6:00pm. SUPER EASY !! Served it with a can of green beans, fancy of me, huh??

Comments: Son, 14, daughter 9 and her friend, also 9 gave the recipe an 8 out of 10. It most certainly needed an added dose of salt & pepper. Meat was incredibly tender, fell apart when you put a fork in it. Also, I mixed my green beans in with my noodles & meat and I thought it was tasty.
Cost: $10.00 total
Ingredients, easy to find.
Note: This recipe only served 4 of us, and at that, not huge portions. I'm thinking you could double the recipe and cook it for maybe 2 hours longer.

Additions: I might add a jar of sliced mushrooms next time. The onions in the French Onion soup gave some texture to the sauce so that was good.

Overall, loved the ease, loved how the house smelled AND I DID NOT MAKE THE 4:00 Grocery Store run, yeaaaaaaa!!!

Bon' Appetit'

No comments:

Post a Comment