Thursday, September 10, 2009

Julia Childs Inspiration

Day 1 of 30
My daughter and I went to see Julie & Julia on Tuesday. I thought the trailer of this movie sounded interesting so we went to an afternoon matinee. (I love a bargin!)
I like (not love) to cook and I have to cook because I need to feed my family...........

If you haven't seen the movie......this blog won't make as much sense for the journey I've embarked on. I related to Julie, the younger one, I wanted to do something that was of interest to me and benefited me and others in some way.

My interest is in cooking (so there is the me portion) and benefiting others is this blog portion. My friends all struggle with "---UGH! What to make for dinner ?????---" 4:00 is NOT the time I want to think of this, yet I find myself at the grocery store at 4:00, feeling like picking up a frozen pizza or two and calling it dinner.

Therefore, I concluded I certainly couldn't cook my way through Julia Child's cookbook in 365 days but I could manage 30 days with ALL slow cooker recipes. Heck, what would I have to lose, I need to cook something for my family and I'd eliminate the 4:00 grocery store run.

This is where you come in. I'll cook something each day (or almost each day!) and I'll blog about it. Where I got the recipe, how easy it was to prepare, how easy it was to find the ingredients, generalization of the overall cost, and most importantly the review of the recipe from me and my family. Me, husband, 3 kids - age, 14,13, 9 oh, and can't forget the dog - she'll eat the "not so good recipes" which hopefully will be few.

Wanna join me?? Try some of the recipes I do and give your review. Post it on here and we can all keep up with the progress. My wish is this: To create a sense of, "I actually have a plan for dinner", and to simply make my life easier. Everyone could use a dose of that, eh? or as my boys would say, "Yea, I know, right??"

1st recipe is in the slow cooker right now..........it smells yummy.

I'll "blog ya tonight" with the review.......

ps. I won't use the word "CrockPot", it gives me a vision of the 70's Avocado Green CrockPot. I loved my childhood but I'd rather forget the color schemes of the 70's.

Bon' Appetit'

1 comment:

  1. Count me in!! Looking forward to it!
    Lyn Thomas

    ReplyDelete