Sunday, September 20, 2009

Recipe # 12 Day 12

Day 12 of 30
Homemade Chicken noodle soup
11:00 am Yikes !! A failure is in the slow cooker......
Put all the ingredients in the slow cooker a few hours ago, just went to check on it and YIKES !
The recipe called for "uncooked" wide noodles. The noodles are turning to mush and the soup is becoming "starch soup". Ugh !! I'm gonna let it play out till 4 and see what I have. Kinda like a science experience. May be eating at Chick-Fil-A tonight.

4:30 pm Ok, this was a failure. I think maybe I'm unaware of what "homestyle" noodles are. This is what the recipe called for and it said add them uncooked. Not good. The noodles were mush and the broth was all starch. Not good.

Guess it's a NO for tonight. I made this from the Fix-It and Forget-It Cookbook, well I fixed it and and now I need to forget it.

On to Rigatoni for tomorrow then Karen's French Dip sandwiches.

anyone know the difference in homestyle noodles???

No comments:

Post a Comment