Sunday, October 18, 2009

Recipe #30 Day 30

Day 30 of 30
Cream of Broccoli Soup

1 small onion, chopped
oil
20 oz pkg. frozen broccoli
2 (10.75 oz) cans of cream of celery soup
1 can (10.75 oz) cream of mushroom soup
1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
2 soup can of milk

Saute onion in oil in skillet until soft.
Combine all ingredients in slow cooker.
Cover.  Cook on LOW for 3-4 hours.

Everyone in my family loves broccoli (good thing because it is one of the most healthy vegetables) so I thought this would be a good recipe to try.  Mid way through cooking, I took a little sample and I wasn't sure I was going to like it, the flavor seemed kinda odd.   Anyway, off to pick up the kids at school and when I came back and we were ready to eat it, the flavor was great.  I would most certainly do this again.  Super Easy.  I served this with turkey/provolone/pesto/tomato paninis.   Everyone loved them.   We had the 4 ingredient panini's I just listed at a swim meet and they were the best.  Try em'.

Bon' Appetit'

1 comment:

  1. How fun is this!!!! You go girl :-) Tell me your top 5 favorites out of 30. I plan to try most for my family. I have always been a slow cooker fan and look forward to trying your recipes. I have thought about buying a second slow cooker to try side dishes and/or desserts along with my main dish. Do you have a favorite brand and/or size of slow cooker?

    ReplyDelete