Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Recipe # 25 Day 25

Day 25 of 30
Beef Stroganoff

2 lbs. beef stew meat
1 large onion, chopped (1 cup)
1 can (10.5 oz) condensed cream of golden mushroom soup  (I could not find "golden" so I used regular cream of mushroom soup)
1 can (10.5 oz) condensed cream of onion soup
1 can (8 oz) sliced mushrooms, drained
1/4 tsp. pepper
1 pkg. (8 oz) cream cheese, cubed
1 container (8 oz) sour cream
6 cups hot cooked noodles, I use the extra wide noodles
or could serve over rice

Mix beef, onion, soups, mushrooms and pepper in slow cooker.
Cover and cook on LOW for 8-10 hours or until beef is very tender.
Stir in cream cheese into beef mixture until melted.  Stir in sour cream.
I allow it to cook for another 40 min.
Serve over noodles.

This is the traditional beef stroganoff, creamy kind.  I used both reduced fat cream cheese and sour cream and it was fine, not too runny.  My kids really liked it, especially with added salt & pepper.

Somehow, this recipe was even better the next day.  Two of my kids liked it better the second day.  I would add fresh ground pepper next time to give it more of a peppery flavor.  Overall, a great recipe and I would certainly do it again. 

Bon' Appetit'

No comments:

Post a Comment