Monday, October 12, 2009

Recipe # 27 Day 27

Day 27 of 30
Mom's BBQ Beef Sandwiches

THIS IS A WINNER, Great every time I make it and my kids gobble it up !

3-4 lb. beef rump roast  (definitely use beef and definitely use rump roast for best flavor)
1 onion  (divided)   3-4 slices, the rest chopped
10 whole cloves
your favorite bbq sauce (I used Kraft Honey flavor)

Put rump roast in bottom of slow cooker.  Push 10 cloves into top of roast over the top surface of the meat.  Slice 3 slices of onion and place on top, side by side.
Cover roast with water till the top of the onion slices but not over the onion.
Cook on LOW for 8 hours or overnight.
Take beef out of slow cooker and shred.  Discard onion slices.  Chop remainder of onion.  Mix with shredded beef.  Add bbq sauce.   Add a small amount of water (maybe 1/4 cup) to bbq bottle, shake to get out all of the sauce, add to beef.  Cook an additional hour on LOW.

Serve on Cobblestone Onion rolls or your favorite type of rolls.
Variation:  I like to add coleslaw on my sandwich, my husband like to put mustard.  
My mom used to serve these every Christmas eve, definitely a crowd favorite.  My 14 yr. old ate 4 sandwiches last night.
I know other people who have used this recipe with a Boston Butt (I really don't like the name of that), but I don't think it is as good.  Personal preference.

This would be a perfect recipe for game day, especially if The University of Michigan is playing.........

Bon' Appetit'

No comments:

Post a Comment